Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do I hand wash and dry my 100% viscose top?

I have a 100% viscose party top that I need to wash. It says ';Hand wash only';, but I am unsure as to what I should use. Just my regular detergent, and a sink, and my hands? Should I air dry it? Lay it flat? Dry it in a dryer? Any help would be appreciated, as I am laundry handicapped in every possible way. I am also a college student, so my resources are limited beyond sinks and washing machines.How do I hand wash and dry my 100% viscose top?
Gently wash your shirt by hand in cold water and a bit of detergent. Most importantly, do not wring out the shirt. Roll it gently in a dry towel to get rid of the excess water and then remove it from the towel and lay it out flat to dry. Viscose is a type of rayon and can easily deform when wet. Even though the label says to handwash, it may actually be best to dry clean the shirt to avoid stretching or shrinking (especially if it is one of your favorites!).How do I hand wash and dry my 100% viscose top?
All you really need is a sink and some Ivory Flakes (that you can get at your local store). Use warm water and add just 1 tablespoon of Ivory flakes to it. Soak the top, try not to ring to tightly when washing the top. When you are down just air dry on a bed. Just put a towel under the top. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment