Thursday, January 7, 2010

When washing up dishes by hand how hot should the water temperature be ?

and how hot should it be to kill all the germsWhen washing up dishes by hand how hot should the water temperature be ?
As hot as you can stand it. The hotter the better to kill germs.When washing up dishes by hand how hot should the water temperature be ?
The temperature of the water isn't what matters; it's how effectively you clean the dishes and the amount of time you're applying friction to the surface, which will kill germs.





You can't get the water to a germ-killing temperature and still be able to touch it; the temperature would scald your skin. If you're concerned with germs, use the dishwasher. It's able to reach temperatures that kill germs. However, you can always wash by hand in a comfortable temperature and follow with a spritz of Clorox Anywhere Hard-Surface Sanitizer; it's safe to use on food surfaces like dishes!





Good luck!
The temperature should not be too hot for you to put your hands in the dish water. Water and detergent will clean the dished in cold water, it may take a little more elbow grease, but they will get clean. Normally, I'd make my water just a bit hotter than what I can stand, but not too hot where I can't put my hand in the water.
The water should be as hot as you can stand. I am a big fan of Dawn. I also add a couple tablespoons of ammonia which helps make glass sparkle and keeps my silver plate shiny. Ammonia also kills germs. Bleach is great, but it will discolor silver plate if you have it.
Just use an anti-bacterial washing-up liquid and make the water as hot as is comfortable for you. Your skin does not need to turn red. If you wear gloves, you can probably tolerate it a little hotter. And rinse in hot as well.
110-115 degrees





Here is a great link that i got this information from


http://housekeeping.about.com/od/dishes/鈥?/a>





I also buy Dawn w/ Bleach which will help kill those germs also!
Really hot,so you can feel it burning your skin through your hot,sticky,skintight yellow rubber gloves.
Fill sink hot only, with dawn, add dishes, let soak 20 min, water temp will be just right, they will be pretty much clean, just rinse
Use water as hot as possible and wear rubber gloves. One good reason is that grease tends to stay on the dishes in cold or cool water.
As hot as you can get it, wear gloves so you can tolerate hotter water.
I like mine pretty hot and I don't wear gloves..If your really worried about germs then add two tbs of bleach to the water.
Hot enough to be wearing rubber gloves to protect your hands.
As hot as I can stand it, then when you rinse them they dry much faster!
use hot water and wear gloves.
I wash mine in warm water since I don't want to burn my hands. I also use Dawn dish soap

No comments:

Post a Comment