Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why do my in-laws touch, rub and hold my kids toys and stuffed animals (they're also against hand-washing)?

what ewwWhy do my in-laws touch, rub and hold my kids toys and stuffed animals (they're also against hand-washing)?
yuk - but that's just me. What surfaces in response to your question, most likely from my dubious intellect filled with spoonfed biological facts and from my gut filled with [more reliable] mother wisdom, and hilariously and obviously based in my deepest alligator brain, is how animals seek to 'mark' living things, areas and habitats with their scents in order to show ownership. By 'marking' your kids' toys with their scent, they convey a unique familiarity of themselves in the form of scent to your kids. Probably pretty harmless and may, in fact, prompt some basic bonding that the kid recognizes, as well as some physiological opportunity for the kids to strengthen their immune system[s]Why do my in-laws touch, rub and hold my kids toys and stuffed animals (they're also against hand-washing)?
That is disgusting and I would quit allowing them in my home and going over there. If they are against hand washing they are probably against washing period which is totally DISGUSTING.





I'd give a can of lysol to my kid though and tell them to spray it in their direction and run when they come near them. Gross. Kids may need germs but not washing is just disgusting and can make you very sick, not immune, to things that are more serious than just a cold or other virus.





EW.
Wow,That is very well....EW.





First,I would invite them less often to my home,becuase that is just gross.After they leave I suggest buying some Clorox Wipes to disenfect the toys and wash the stuffed animals. So it prevents your child from getting sick.Or maybe hide the toys so they can't touch them
One theory,kids need to be in contact with a wide ranges of common micro organisms and other, in order to develop an immunity.
Perhaps they like to play with the toys. There is a little kid inside of them trying to get out. Buy a small can of lysol and keep a small spray bottle of hand sanitizer in your purse. When they reach for the toys pull out the sanitizer for their use.
..How can you be against hand washing?
wow, that is nasty.
  • option arm
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment