Thursday, December 24, 2009

Am I entitled to time for hand washing at work at the end of my shift?

If you are covered by a collective bargaining agreement, and if shift-end hand-washing is covered by the contract, then yes.





Are you working with hazardous or dangerous chemicals or materials? Then I think probably yes, but I don't know for sure.





Otherwise, wash up before clocking out unless the boss tells ya not to. He doesn't have to pay you to wash your hands if he doesn't want to.Am I entitled to time for hand washing at work at the end of my shift?
Are you that big of an idiot? Seriously, do you expect McDonalds to pay you for the 30 seconds it took you to wash your hands? What a cheapskate. You didn't even say where you work or what you do. So, I will just assume that it's McDonalds and that you need to wash the burger juice off. I'm sure that if you wash your hands, and then clock out, nobody is going to complain about the extra four cents you just earned. Am I entitled to time for hand washing at work at the end of my shift?
Don't know why this is in the boat section, but here goes!





Of course! Once your shift ends, you are on your own time. If the company will allow you to use their facilities while you are ';off the clock'; then you may wash your hands!





I bet you stretch your paid break times out by 5 to 10 minutes as well. Quit being a crybaby and do the job you agreed to when you were hired!
When I was young and starting my first job. My dad gave me this advice: Always do more than is expected of you. Be the best worker you can be and take time on your own to learn more and strive to be an excellent value for your employer. You will earn promotions, will get hours even if they are scarce, and you will enjoy your work. He was right. I worked my way up from part time clerk to a store manager to a store owner and did very well. Now you can answer your question yourself. Right?
I presume that you work in a boat yard -- before you go to work - sneak some soap in your pocket and just before you clock off - fall in the water and have a quick wash - you might even get paid for it.
If you do a job that makes your hands dirty it would seem like courtesy to allow you to wash your hands. They also have a responsibility for general health and welfare including hygiene - so yes!
If your employer is THAT tight with time, look for a job where people are treated like human beings and not as cattle to be fed upon.
No, just because I'm Union and it is in my contract,


any less inclined toward organized labor suffer more.






Obama voter
yes 15 minutes
I was told we were allowed by law 5 minutes....
  • option arm
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment