Thursday, December 24, 2009

Use less water to rinse when washing by hand?

We scrape most dishes and clean them in the dishwasher, but there are always a few things that have to be washed by hand. I have always rinsed each item individually by running hot water over it. Can you tell me any ways to use less water to rinse dishes when washing by hand?Use less water to rinse when washing by hand?
I haven't had a dishwasher for several years, so everything in my house is washed by hand. I've resigned myself to using what it takes to rinse, but I get around this by using less water to wash in. I set a dishwashing tub in the sink, and us it to wash in. The dish tub is much smaller than the sink volume, and I estimate a 2-gallon savings per day.





Also, I only fill a couple of inches at the outset, and use the rinse water from my first few dishes to finish filling the tub.





Hope this helps!Use less water to rinse when washing by hand?
My mom had a double sink and filled one side with clean water. She washed each object, kept it in the dry sink, then rinsed each in the clear water side. We had soft water, so all the detergent got rinsed off and didn't leave a residue.


This method was used for crystal and sterling flatware that couldn't go in the dishwasher.
first always rinse them in cold water this way the food does not get stuck on plus it is cheaper to use than hot. also if you have to soak things do so. but if you use a soft paper towel to try to get most of the food off before hand that helps too before you even wash the dishes . if you need to rinse the dishes before you put them in the dishwasher fill the basin with dish deterrent and rinse the less dirty dishes or cups and forks and such than go to the most dirty than you can put them in the dish washer when you are done throw the water away. if you can not wash in the dishwasher and have to wash be hand try like i said and try to get as much off before hand a make sure you don't use a lot of deterrent because than you need a lot of water to get all the soap off.

No comments:

Post a Comment