Sunday, December 20, 2009

How Much Hand washing is normal?

My girlfriend thinks I am mildly OCD because she says I wash my hands a little excessively. How many times per day is normal?How Much Hand washing is normal?
The only way it's excessive is if you keep washing them in a short period of time when you have no reason to. When cooking I wash my hands at least ten times to avoid cross contamination and I'm not ocd. I wash my hands everytime I touch raw meat or after touching a door handle when I'm about to touch clean plates or food etc.How Much Hand washing is normal?
I have a very bad case of OCD. I had it since I was a little girl but mine didn't come with the hand washing thing. Washing your hands after you use the bathroom, before you eat, and if you just touched something really nasty, is completely normal! If you do much more than that then you most likely have OCD. Hope I could help. Good luck!!!
any time before you eat or drink or touch your eyes, lips and stuff like that especially if you go to the bathroom you want to wash after that.
anywhere between 3-5x per day is normal. unless of course you want to eat a snack or something then by all means if your hands are dirty wash them. if you wash them too much it can be bad for you believe it or not. your hands have normal flora on them which are bacteria that grow and actually help fight Germs.
It depends on what you do...after using the washroom, before eating and cooking, and whenever they get dirty....you can never wash them too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment