Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hand wash clothes in washing machine?

Is It okay to put clothes that are suppose to be hand washed in the washing machine set to the option where it says to wash delicates and knits?Hand wash clothes in washing machine?
I do it. But then again, my machine has a ';hand wash'; cycle and you can change the spin setting so that it's very very slow.


I also set the water level higher than necessary just so the clothes have extra room and it's more gentle.





You can always just soak them in the sink overnight with Wool-lite.





If it's silk or satin, I would NOT put in the machine.Hand wash clothes in washing machine?
YES
Yes it should be okay but you never know how it's going to turn out so there is a risk. Just watch out for zipper pins buttons or anything else that may tear your delicate fabric. Also note that the colors may bleed no matter what the temp is set at.
That should be okay. I have a handwash cycle aand have never had any problem with it. I would test it on something that isn't very expensive or special to you first.
Oh lord!!!


Where did all the good housewives go?
well, it depends on the material...i put clothes that are supposed to be handwash in the washing machine based on my judgment if it will get ruined in the machine, works fine everytime.
I don't know I am band from washing or drying clothes I put too much soap in the washer and got bubbles every where.
I have done this before but it depends on what you're trying to wash. If it seems really delicate and could be easily ruined then you're safer to hand wash but otherwise the delicate cycle usually does a very nice job of hand washing your clothes.
Yes, keep colors separate and was in cold. I put them in a pillow case and tie it. I sometimes have up to 3 pillow cases in the washer. I wash them in the most delicate setting available.





When drying, I lay it on a towel or if the can be put on a hanger and not have to reshape I will hang in the shower, depends on the material or garment.
Yes it should be fine this is what i do anyway and it always comes out fine, as long as its not too delicate and put in on short spin if u have this settin.
Yes, I've never had a problem with it. Make sure to use a gentle detergent as well, such as woolite.

No comments:

Post a Comment