Thursday, December 24, 2009

If my spouse has a virus, should I try to avoid being exposed to it by hand-washing, minimizing contact, etc?

Or is it pretty much inevitable that I'm going to be exposed to the virus, so should I instead do what I can to keep my immune system strong while still enjoying all of the contact I usually have with her?If my spouse has a virus, should I try to avoid being exposed to it by hand-washing, minimizing contact, etc?
Depends on what type of virus I'd say.


if it's respiratory (coughing sneezing etc.) washing your hands after touching any surface in the room she's in would be a good start, she can lessen the chances of contaminating you by covering her mouth and nose with her inner elbow or a tissue.


strengthening your immune system wouldn't likely save you from this episode but it is a good practice to maintain at all times.


there are medications that can prevent a full blown viral event and if you should show the slightest symptoms, I would present myself to a physician to thwart the illness.


if she's not well though, it would seem cruel to allow her to languish without company so be careful and rub her feet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment