Sunday, December 20, 2009

How can I wash my bras without them losing their shape aside from hand-washing them?

Do you have a delicate cycle on your washing machine? If you do, I would use that to wash my bras. Use cold water and Woolite, or any other liquid detergent. If you have padded bras or bras with lining in them, they do make bra holders that prevent your padded bras from bunching up. You can find them at Wal-Mart, Target, Meijer, etc. I find that it gets my bras much cleaner to wash them in the washing machine. Don't dry them in the dryer though, that will cause the elastic to wear out faster.How can I wash my bras without them losing their shape aside from hand-washing them?
Place them in a lingerie bag or pillowcase and wash them on delicate. Hang them to dry , don't dry them in the dryer.How can I wash my bras without them losing their shape aside from hand-washing them?
Hand washing is it. Bra bags and other things only delay the process by a few washings. And the dryer is the worst. The heat causes the elastic to break down and can kill a bra after just a few wash cycles.
Hook the hooks for one thing, also, get one of those mesh bags for the washer/dryer to wash your lingerie in. That will help. Take care.
Buy a small mesh laundry bag that's made to hold your bras when washed in the washing machine. You can buy these small bags in most department stores. I got mine in Dillard's in the ladies undergarment department. Hook your bras, as you would if your were wearing them, put into the mesh laundry bag, zip up %26amp; wash in the washer. When the washer stops, take the bras out %26amp; lay them on a dry towel until they are dry.
It depends on whether or not they are a good quality bra or not. If they are a good quality than a pillow case would be fine but you should either hang or lay them flat to dry.





Good luck.
Buy a lingerie bag (it looks like a nylon net with a pull string) and put the bras inside of the bag. Wash with Woolite on the gentle cycle in warm water. Hang to dry.
I wash all my tops,bras,and pjs together in cold water and on permanent press.Then just hang my bras to keep the shape.The dryer heat really messes them up.
put them all in a little mesh bag for underware that has a little draw string this stops the bras being loose in the wash getting caught up in all the other stuff so they won't get pulled they will stay the way you want them.
If they are good bras and you want to keep em' that way. Invest in a couple bra baby's. They are ball shaped bra washing things that go right into the washer.. Unlike a traditional lingerie bag... It's better for underwire style bras and you can wash them with other delicates... I don't think they are that expensive, cheaper than buying a new bra!!! Also, wash bras/delicates in woolite and hang to dry..
There is a device called a ';Bra Ball'; that you put your bra in and throw it in the washer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment