Thursday, December 24, 2009

Anyone ever heard of not rinsing dishes after hand-washing them?

when i dated a guy in high school, his family would wash the dishes, without rinsing them. they would go directly to the wash, then, they would dry them and put them away. i found it to be gross and would refuse to eat there stating that i was never hungry. these people were well off and definitely not poor. i just can't understand not rinsing the dishes after they had been washed. any comments on this mystery?Anyone ever heard of not rinsing dishes after hand-washing them?
Thats ridiculous, if you have washed your dishes in hot water and left them to dry naturally whats the problem?


As somebody else said, I am living in a drought and cannot afford to waste precious water rinsing a few bubbles away.Anyone ever heard of not rinsing dishes after hand-washing them?
No - definitely not a good idea. Any soap and especially grease remaining on the dishes could give anyone stomach cramps next time those dishes are used.





Rinse dishes and silverware with lots of hot water after washing to remove ALL of the soap. The rinse water should be as hot as possible - wear gloves if necessary.





(I hope you stopped dating this guy and visiting with his family.)
I have a single sink, so I have nothing to rinse my dishes in after washing them. I pride myself on cleaniness in my home. I do leave my dishes to drain. But as long as they are washed in hot water they do not pose any safety risk at all.


We are living in drought conditions, so saving water is so important.


We are not poor and my home is clean and tidy.


There are more things in life to pose any risk to someone else. It is just what you are used to.
If they were drying them on a clean cloth then any residue would be removed. The detergent is well diluted in the water and I have never, ever heard of anyone being made ill because they did not rinse their dishes.
Some dish soaps do not have to be rinsed off but they are made from all natural ingredients. Most regular dish soaps if not rinsed off will give you diarreaha. Don't be afraid to ask why they don't rinse their dishes.
Wouldnt the dishes taste like soap then? Thats kind of gross, i always rinse afterwards. Maybe they just felt like it was a waste of time to rinse, although I dont know why!
thats downright nasty.
Just get the soap off. Nothing to waste water.

No comments:

Post a Comment