Sunday, December 20, 2009

Is it ok if I put a bra that says 'hand wash in cold water' into the washing machine?

I dont feel like hand washing it.... i have more important things to doIs it ok if I put a bra that says 'hand wash in cold water' into the washing machine?
I wash all my bras, even my $80 Chantelle and Freya bras, in the washing machine. I use the Tide lingerie bag because the mesh is so fine that even if the bras come unhooked, they won't snag.


http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.j鈥?/a>


Tide also sells a neat little contraption called the BraBaby that is supposed to keep molded cup bras in great shape. It's only good for those smaller than a D cup, though, so I had to return mine.


http://www.tide.com/en_US/products/index鈥?/a>


However, I would NEVER EVER put a bra in the dryer. The heat will mess with the elastic and it will not last very long at all. I dry my bras flat, or hang them over the shower curtain bar if I don't have the counter space. It was really funny when the maintenance guys came over to replace my water heater and saw about 7 bras laying over my shower curtain rod!Is it ok if I put a bra that says 'hand wash in cold water' into the washing machine?
I would definitely not!!!





Having worked in the laundry industry as a risk assessment scientist, it's vital that delicates are treated properly. Not only that, but make sure you use a good brand of detergent, as they're more likely to check that their products don't damage the material. In many bras there is a material that can basically be ';eaten'; by the enzymes in the detergent.





As for the other comment, I do have to pay at least 拢35 a bra, so naturally I am more concerned. If you only pay a few pounds a go, then it's just a question of effort V's cost and is really up to you!!!
sure!! hook the hooks so they don't snag any other fine washable in the same load. I wash all mine all the time and toss them in the dryer. they don't last as long, maybe but I will be buying new ones next year anyway.





I do not know why anyone would want to hand wash underthings anyway. It is a waste of time unless that bra cost like $50?? and I haven't seen too many that expensive.
You can, but you need to purchase a lingere bag. Hook all the hooks, place in the bag and then wash in cold water with Woolite or a mild detergent on your machines gentlest cycle. Then dry on the line, don't throw in dryer, the heat can destroy the elastic.
I do mine in cold with the regular load. I hang them to dry, though. They're fine. You might want to put it on a gentler cycle, though. And, no bleach. It breaks down the elastic.
I wash mine by machine, first hooking them closed and placing them in one of those mesh bags that zip closed. I do hang them to dry. I don't think they come clean enough washing by hand.
dont wash it with heave clothes so the strings dont come loose......


it will be fine


i do all the time


you know sometimes it is the dryer that messes mine up!
If you have a hand wash cycle
lol....whats the material?

No comments:

Post a Comment